Thursday 22 November 2012

Alpha and Omega


Revelation 1: 8 “I am the Alpha and Omega – the beginning and the end,

says the Lord God.”

Greetings to you all saints, you know I have always known this verse well actually I didn’t know where it was in the bible but growing up in a Christian household and community I knew that God is the Alpha and the Omega. We all know the alpha and Omega song, right? You’ve heard it several times in church services, school, and funeral or somewhere, actually one of my friends calls it the anthem of Christians (I agree with him). But I’ve never really thought of what God means when He says He is the beginning and the end; I didn’t think that there could be a personal and deeper meaning to it. For me it meant God created the world and everything that is in it and He will end it all one day because He is all powerful and I still think it does mean that but not only that. I didn’t think that this verse could be related to our present time and our daily and personal struggles. It seemed a little bit far-fetched and plural until one day God at my hardest times when I was looking for answers said to me that He is MY Alpha and Omega. I prayed and thought about it and I was amazed at what I found out.

I found out that God is my Alpha because He created ME, He started the good work in me and He is the centre of MY being. In Genesis 1:27 the bible reads “So God created human-beings in His own image”. Now when a person creates something, only they know how much that creation can function, they know the warranty and the guarantee of that creation, they know the expiry date of that creation. Now God created us and for me that means only He knows how much we can function and only He knows our expiry date. Not even your parents can determine your ultimate altitude because they did not create you, what I am talking about goes beyond physical birth into the time when you were formed because God says that I knew you even before you were formed in your mother’s womb. Listen, I don’t know what has happened in your life since the day you were born, I don’t know what the devil has told you, I’m not sure what views and perceptions society has formed about you but I want to tell you today that they do not have the power to destroy you, they cant determine your destiny because they did not create you. Listen, maybe you come from a family of drunkards, maybe you come from a family of illiterate people, I don’t know the things that have been spoken upon your life, I don’t know your generational curses and the patterns in your family, you do. But I know the one who created you and I know that the devil has no power in your life.

Now listen to this, when a person creates something, they don’t usually hold on to it forever because they want everyone else to know what a wonderful thing they have created. I’ll make an example of a cellphone, you can buy a cellphone that is meant to last for 5yrs because it is strong and has the ability to take photos, play MP3’s etc. But once the cellphone has been sold it is up to the new owner to handle the cellphone with care so that it can function properly or last for its life span. Obviously if you throw your cellphone against the wall it might start to not function well and if you do that often and frequent enough it might stop functioning at all. Now what happens is that God has a purpose for your life but He has also given u free will and it is up to u to follow Him, seek His face and live to fulfil the purpose that you have been designed for. If you sell your soul to the devil by living in sin and disobeying God then you are giving the devil the power to do whatever he may want to do with your life and after that what happens in your life is not in God’s will but it is the doing of the one whom you have allowed to rule your life. Your life might be cut short or you may not live to fulfil your purpose because you have allowed the devil to take ownership of your life.

I want to encourage you today to let go and let God in your life, let Him be the sole shareholder in your life because He is love. Quit trying to sort things out yourself or only giving God only part of your life. What you need to do is surrender all and only then will you see God working in your life. God does not need your help in handling your situations, He is all powerful and able to do it all by himself. What you need to do is seek His face as the bible commands and definitely all will be added unto you and I am not just saying this, I can personally testify to it. There were times in my life when I was so desperate and tried with all my power to solve things because God just seemed to be too slow for my liking and prayers didn’t seem to be answered. Guess what? Nothing happened; it is only when I dropped everything and started seeking His face that things started falling into place. He is a God that listens to the petitions of our hearts, He knows our needs and if we take care of His business He is sure to take care of our business. God bless you!!!

By: Ntombenkosi  Dyosop

No comments:

Post a Comment